Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Banning under-16s from catwalk 'will cut rate of eating disorders'

Banning under-16s from catwalk 'will cut rate of eating disorders' - Independent

Extract:

"Models under 16 should be banned from the catwalks and tougher measures introduced to protect their older teenage peers from eating disorders, an independent inquiry has concluded.

Eating disorders affect as many as 40 per cent of workers where body shape counts, including dancers, athletes and models, although no specific studies of the fashion industry have been made, the inquiry set up by the British Fashion Council found.


In the general population the incidence of eating disorders is about 3 per cent.

The inquiry was launched seven weeks ago in response to concern about demand for "size zero" models. In its interim report, published yesterday, the inquiry panel calls for extra protection for girls aged 16 to 18 to prevent them being exploited.

Models who gave evidence to the inquiry described their fear of being rejected for work because they were not thin enough."

It's such a crying shame that people do not know (because they are not told) that the fastest and safest way to lose weight is to give up dieting (because it is harmful) and to stop eating salt and salty food and dieting junk and to eat plenty of fruit and fresh vegetables.

Lose weight by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
How to Lose weight!

See my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/.html
The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

See Sodium in foods
and Associated health conditions

I can be contacted via my website if you need my further help. My help is free...(o: