Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Taking medication with food increases the amount of medication that is absorbed by the body.

Medication taken with food is more potent - Telegraph

Extract:

"Researchers have found that patients with advanced breast cancer need a lower dose of lapatinib if taken with a meal, rather than on an empty stomach as recommended.

The study, published today in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, found that taking the drug with a fatty meal and drinking grapefruit juice increased its potency and allowed patients to take a lower dose.


The researchers said more studies should be carried out on other drugs as the cost savings could be huge.

Dr Ezra Cohen, an oncologist from the University of Chicago, said: "We could save a fortune in drug costs. And patients would get a little vitamin C to boot."

Patients normally take five 250mg tablets on an empty stomach. Dr Mark Ratain, an oncologist and co-author of the study, said: "By taking this medication with a meal instead of on an empty stomach we could potentially use less of the drug."

The study found that 167 per cent more of the drug is absorbed if it is taken with a meal.
A meal high in fat more than quadrupled levels of the drug in the bloodstream by 325 per cent."



Lose weight by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
How to Lose weight!

See my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/.html
(The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

See Sodium in foods and Associated health conditions

I can be contacted via my website if you need my further help. My help is free...