Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Fat Man with the Red Face

It was about 9 years ago, I think. - I was standing in a long queue and knew that I'd be standing in that queue for some time. - I started a conversation with the man just behind me in the queue. He was very overweight, rather breathless and his face was very red. His forehead was wet with sweat.

After we had exchanged a general remarks, I took a mental leap of courage and embarked on a rather difficult topic. - I asked him if he had high blood pressure and if he took atenolol and, a little surprised that I should have guessed so accurately, he agreed that that was the case. "Well today is your lucky day!" I said to him. - "I'm going to tell you about salt!"

And I did. - I told him how I had gained a great deal of weight quickly and inexplicably (because I had not been eating more than before) years ago and had become grossly obese, with high blood pressure, a hot, sweaty forehead like his, painful feet and hands, and like him had been prescribed atenolol, a betablocker, for the high blood pressure. - And how years later, I had discovered that simply by reducing salt intake, I had lost weight easily, as if by magic. My blood pressure had come down to normal and I no longer needed to take the atenolol. I felt much better and had more energy.

I showed him photos of me when I was very fat and he could see how different I had become. - The person to whom he was talking was not really recognisable as the very fat person in the photographs.

I asked him if he ate salt and he said that he did - that he always sprinkled salt all over his meals. I suggested to him that if he were to stop doing that he would lose a lot of weight too. - He was a pretty desperate man, I think. - He had been trying unsuccessfully for years to lose weight by dieting - by eating less - by counting calories - by going hungry. - He had only continued to gain weight. - When he had spoken to his doctor about it, the doctor always said to eat less, that he must be eating too much. - But he wasn't overeating.

George (his name) said he would do as I suggested. - I gave him my phone number and asked him if he would be kind enough to give me a ring in a few weeks time and let me know how he was getting on.

That was on a Thursday afternoon. - On the Saturday morning two weeks and two days later, I had a phone call from him. - He said the weight was simply falling off him! - His face was less red. He was sweating less. His blood pressure was much lower. He was feeling sooooo much better! - He said he and his wife would like to thank me very much indeed because I had saved his life!

If you or someone you know is very overweight, you could do as George did. - Stop eating salt and lose weight like magic. - Absolutely no dieting required...(o:

Lose weight by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
How to Lose weight!

See my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/
(The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

See Sodium in foods and Associated health conditions

I can be contacted via my website if you need my further help. My help is free...