Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

MPs call for ban on new homes near high voltage power lines

Ban new homes near power lines, say MPs - Guardian

Extract:

"New homes and schools should not be built within 60 metres of high voltage power lines until the link with childhood cancers is better understood by scientists, according to a committee of MPs. They also recommend that home buyers should be provided with information on the level of electromagnetic fields within homes before they buy.

The committee says the science is still unclear and that any health effects are weak, but in the meantime it argues that the government should adopt a precautionary approach.

The Labour MP and GP Howard Stoate, who chaired the committee, said: "The overall body of evidence shows that there is undoubtedly a link between living near very high voltage power lines and childhood leukaemia. We can't say that one causes the other but we can say that there is an association."

He added: "I've always got the view in science that if you don't know something it is generally better to err on the side of caution, rather than to look back in 20 years time and say, if only we had done more 20 years ago.""



Lose weight by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
How to Lose weight!

See my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/.html
(The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

See Sodium in foods and Associated health conditions

I can be contacted via my website if you need my further help. My help is free...