Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Many women experience poor support after giving birth. Patricia Hewitt, the Health Secretary, is expected to unveil new maternity strategy next month.

'No one cared about me and my baby' - Sunday Telegraph

Extracts:

"The hours and days after childbirth are among the most difficult in a woman's life, so why is the NHS so bad at providing support? David Harrison uncovers a tale of over-stretched staff and bureaucratic arrogance

Karen Linnett was "exhausted and anxious" after giving birth to Billy, two years ago. "He was my first child. I was in pain, hormonal and nervous that I couldn't cope," she says. Six days later, when she left hospital to take Billy home to Hampstead, north London, she was soothed by an assurance that a community midwife would visit her next morning.


But the midwife didn't turn up. Ms Linnett, a photographer, became worried. Concerned that Billy was not feeding properly, she rang to ask what was happening. There was no answer. She left messages. Hours later she was told no one would come for four days. "I lost it," she says. "I was shouting at them hysterically because I was scared."

A midwife was found and she finally arrived at 7pm. "When she weighed Billy, the scales showed he had lost weight," says Ms Linnett, 43. "But she told me not to worry because the scales were inaccurate.""

"The Government admits that the situation is unacceptable. Next month Patricia Hewitt, the Health Secretary, is expected to unveil a new maternity strategy that will guarantee every woman a named midwife to care for her throughout her pregnancy and during labour, helped by a maternity support worker."

During pregnancy it is a good idea for women to minimise their salt intake. This will limit any excess weight gain and will lower the risk of high blood pressure and other health problems. - See http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/pregnant_mothers.html