Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dragons' Den offers are not always what they seemed on the show

Thisismoney.co.uk reports on Dragons' Den deals that appear to have been misleading, despite having been watched by millions of viewers to the BBC2 show. I must confess my sympathies are usually engaged by the underdogs in any situation and that is the case here. I guess the BBC has no legal culpability in these disappointing outcomes for a number of the inventors; they doubtless employ enough solicitors to ensure that. But if you read the article I think that, like me, you will be shocked, for instance, at the apparent misrepresenting of loans as cash investments.

The Dragons will be well shielded by their lawyers and the BBC likewise, but the pawns in the show appear to be insufficiently briefed beforehand and inadequately supported and protected after the show. It seems to me that the programme and its sequelae are exploitative of many of the inventors, without whom there would be no programme. The BBC should make it legally clear during the broadcast whether an offer is a loan or an investment, and that certain follow-up guarantees should be made, and made legally binding, e.g. contact with the Dragons concerned in the deals. I consider there is a moral obligation here.