Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Court of Protection: listen to File on 4 on BBC Radio 4 on Tuesday 27 July at 2000 BST

File on 4 is always well worth listening to, and I think this programme about problems experienced by people under the protection of this court will be an eye-opener (ear-opener!) for most listeners. It will be repeated on Sunday 1 August, at 1700 BST. You can listen via BBC iPlayer or download the podcast.

Since I first read/heard about the workings of the Court of Protection I have felt it to be a sinister body. See what you think when you read this Telegraph article of 28 May 2010 ("A secretive court, which ruled that a cancer sufferer must have treatment against her wishes, can order that mentally ill patients are sterilised, undergo abortions or have life-support switched off") and view this YouTube feature. When what goes on in a court is shrouded in secrecy, my antennae of suspicion become alerted (as with the Family Courts, thought by many, including myself, to have too much power and precious little accountability).

One of the affected people in tonight's programme has said: "I thought it would be nice not to have to worry about money, that it would be like a bank account with added security. I didn't think for a minute it would be like this. The Court of Protection doesn't provide protection."

It seems to be a nice little earner for lawyers though, doesn't it?