The Los Angeles Times reports that medical bills feature in 62% of bankruptsies.
This is surely a dreadful state of affairs.
Here are my suggestions in no particular order:
- Cut down drastically on salt and salty food. This will lower your risk of serious illness, e.g. diabetes and most cancers, and of disability, e.g. arthritis, and will reduce excess weight.
- Avoid taking prescription drugs if you possibly can. This will save you from a lot of health problems caused by drug side-effects. And remember, pharmaceutical drugs are a major cause of weight gain.
- Give up smoking if you have not already done so.
- Cut down on alcohol.
- Top up your vitamin D levels by going bare-armed into the sun for a few minutes each day if you can. This will help to keep your bones strong and protect you from hip fractures, etc. - And help to keep your weight down. - And give a boost to your immune system.
- GIVE UP DIETING AND COUNTING CALORIES FOREVER! - DIETING IS UNNECESSARY, INEFFECTIVE AND HARMFUL. - DIETS DO NOT WORK! - FACT! - DO NOT WASTE ANY MORE OF YOUR LIFE, YOUR TIME AND YOUR MONEY ON THEM. THEY ARE AN EXPENSIVE WAY OF DAMAGING YOUR HEALTH.
- If you feel depressed, go for a walk in the country or in a park, or speak to a friend. Do not reach for a drink or go to the doctor's for pills. Remember: Anti-depressants do not work!
- Give up diet coke and other diet drinks. They've never made anyone any slimmer, ever.
- Don't be an exercise junkie. It's not necessary.
- Cook from fresh whenever you can. Give the processed meals and takeaways a miss.
- Eat plenty of fruit and unsalted vegetables.
- Hunger is your body's way of telling you that you need food. If you are hungry, eat! - You wouldn't run your car on empty; don't try to run your body on empty!
- Step up your calcium intake. And your magnesium.
- Always eat and drink something for breakfast. - No more lies about not feeling hungry in a morning, thank you!
- If you like chocolate, eat chocolate! - Just make sure it doesn't contain added salt. Chocolate is not fattening and it's not bad for you.
- Do someone a kindness. Visit an elderly neighbour.
- Think about buying a breadmaker so that you can make your own bread with much less salt in than the bread you buy in a shop. And yours won't contain all that chemical junk the bread manufacturers put in.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Visit my website! - See below:
Lose weight, reduce your risk of most cancers, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, heart attack, vascular dementia, stroke, osteopenia, osteoporosis, hypercholesterolaemia, depression, liver and kidney problems, and improve your health in many other ways without drugs, hunger or expense by eating less salt! - Try it!
See my website www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk
The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.