Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Do you have Cushing Features/Cushing's Syndrome and wonder if there is anything you can do about it?

Do you have Cushing Features/Cushing's Syndrome and wonder if there is anything you can do about it? - There is!

You cannot cure the Cushing problems, but you can certainly reduce them. If you seriously cut down on salt and salty food - permanently - and if you also try to eat plenty of fruit and unsalted vegetables, and if you completely abandon dieting and going hungry and counting calories, you can reduce those Cushing features, lose some of your excess weight, look more like your old self and have lots more energy.


I'm editing this post to make clear that I am not talking about Cushing's Disease, that is why I did not use the term Cushing's Disease in the title of this blog entry. Cushing's Disease is not caused by prescription drugs.

I should have made clear that I am talking only about Drug-induced Cushing's Syndrome, best known of which is Steroid-induced Cushing's Syndrome. i.e. a syndrome caused by taking drugs such as inappropriately-prescribed corticosteroids or certain other classes of prescription drugs. I myself developed Steroid-induced Cushing's many years ago.

People who become morbidly obese in this way, with a host of associated health problems like high blood pressure, thin skin, moonface, enlarged heart, etc. are often described as 'steroid victims'. There are millions of them the world over, wherever these pharmaceutical drugs are prescribed.

Two of the many side-effects of the medication are sodium and water retention and these lead on directly to many of the other problems, for example, the high blood pressure.
I had been on the steroids for nearly ten years unfortunately before I found out by chance about the role of salt in Drug-induced Cushing's. I lost 51 pounds weight by strict sodium reduction, and the other side-effects of the drugs were similarly reduced. For example the high blood pressure returned to normal.

I created my website and my blog to save other people from needless suffering. See my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Drug-induced Cushing's sufferers lose weight easily by following my sodium reduction advice, e.g. Tara and 'Dee'. See Tara and her problems with prednisolone
and see 'Dee' and her massive weight gain and stretch marks from being prescribed prednisolone in too high dosage

My apologies to people who have actual Cushing's Disease, which is much more complicated than Drug-induced Cushing's Syndrome. I was not writing about Cushing's Disease.

Lose weight, reduce your risk of most cancers, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, heart attack, vascular dementia, stroke, osteopenia, osteoporosis, hypercholesterolaemia, depression, liver and kidney problems, and improve your health in many other ways without drugs, hunger or expense by eating less salt! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!

See my website
www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.

And see Sodium in foods

prescribed steroids and HRT

amitriptyline