Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just now, on John Waite's Pick of the Week, on BBC Radio 4...

Just now, very briefly, I heard on Radio 4 an elderly doctor expressing remorse that long ago when he was a naive young doctor he had recommended 17 patients for lobotomies. He said that in those days he did not know any better. I note it here because it is so rare that doctors admit their personal responsibility for the harm they do, though I remember reading in one of the excellent books by Thomas Szasz, the highly intelligent renegade psychiatrist, that a number of doctors kill themselves when they suddenly gain an insight into the terrible suffering they have caused over the years as doctors... Much of the content of Szasz's books is about the misuse/abuse of power by psychiatrists.

This http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/pickoftheweek.shtml is the Pick of the Week webpage and it contains a listen again feature for the latest edition. - 'State of Mind' must be the snippet that contained that doctor's regret.

You may like to read about Thomas Szasz and to read his books. You can read about him here: http://www.ftrbooks.net/psych/bios/thomas_szasz.htm