Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Vitamin D treatment transformed Susan White's life.

Reported in this Northern Echo article. Susan White had osteomalacia, a very painful condition caused by vitamin D deficiency. Bones are weakened by this illness and so there is a greater risk of fractures.

Following two spinal fractures, Susan White's condition was mistakenly attributed to osteoporosis, but fortunately for her she later received the correct diagnosis of osteomalacia, for which the treatment is vitamin D. Like Susan White, I too suffered from osteomalacia many years ago, and like her, was told that it was osteoporosis and in consequence years later was put onto HRT, which caused me very great harm. I should of course have been treated with vitamin D for the osteomalacia, but Dr Nigel Bax actively sought to dissuade me even from taking vitamin D off my own bat. He thus set in train a disastrous accumulation of damage to my health. I'm pleased that Susan White has been spared a lot of unnecessary suffering by having her problem correctly diagnosed.