Schoolgirl suffers first degree burns after 19 minutes in tanning salon
article in the Telegraph
"Kirsty McRae, 14, ended up on a drip in hospital after suffering 70 per cent burns.
She had put £1 into the coin-operated sunbed at the walk-in salon, but after four minutes Kirsty felt she wasn't getting tanned enough so paid £3 for another 15 minutes.
She left the salon in pain and was rushed into hospital four hours later suffering from the horrific burns.
Doctors put her on a drip and administered oxygen while they rehydrated her.
Environmental health officers were on Thursday carrying out an investigation at the Laxtan salon in Barry, South Wales.
Kirsty's mother, Jill McRae, 49, admitted her daughter should not have been in the salon because she is under 16, but said there is nothing to stop young people from using them."