Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Silkwood, the film. The Moral Imperative.

I watched the film, Silkwood, on DVD this evening.

A recurring phrase in the film was "the moral imperative." - This took me back many years to when I was studying Kant's moral philosophy and trying to get a hold on the exact meaning of the Categorical Imperative he urged on us. I found his philosophy quite hard to understand at the time, though I believe I'd got it pretty well sorted by the time I wrote a long essay about it. - Unfortunately, after it had been marked, it - my only copy - was lost in the post...)o: - Even now, 30 years later, I still feel a bit sad about that.

Meryl Streep played Karen Silkwood in this true story of how Karen Silkwood, a metallurgy worker at a plutonium processing plant, was intentionally contaminated with plutonium - and possibly murdered - to prevent her from exposing blatant safety violations at the plant. The plant was closed down a year after her death. She had gradually come to realise that some of the workers were getting contaminated - dangerously so - and that the company and the company doctors and other personnel were giving false reassurances and falsifying radiation readings and other data. - To her it became - fortunately for other workers in the plant - a moral imperative to discover as much as she could about this corporate negligence, collect what evidence she could, and to try to warn others about it in order to safeguard them from harm and to put a stop to the negligence. - Like all too many actual or potential whistle-blowers, she was cruelly and unjustly punished.

The film drew me in and resonated with me on many counts. - In recent weeks in Britain, our news media have been reporting facts about the death of a former Russian spy, who is believed to have been murdered by being poisoned with polonium 210. It is proving difficult for the police properly to investigate the murder because of high level non-co-operation by Russian personnel.

I seek in this blog to obey the moral imperative to protect others from harm, to tell the truth about the causes of obesity and salt sensitivity, to inform people of the safest and most reliable way to become less obese (namely to stop restricting calories and simply eat less salt and plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables) and to expose corporate, professional and individual wrong-doing/negligence that results in great and needless suffering for millions of people throughout the world.

If anything in my blog or in my website has helped you, or 'spoken to you', then I urge you to tell others about my blog and my website. - Let that be a moral imperative for you. If you have a website or blog then please put a link to mine so that more people have the chance of being helped and having their suffering lessened/relieved/prevented.

Most of my readers realise the truth of what I write. Most medical websites have sponsors or banners or adverts or sell stuff. My blog and my website do not. I myself pay any costs of my website. I do not make money out of visitors to my website and blog. I am not in the pocket of any drug companies or food manufacturers or retailers. I am not a consultant to the 'slimming' industry. You can trust me that what I say/write is the truth as accurately as I can deduce, ascertain and understand it, having spent many years doing just that. I want to save others from the suffering I have endured and do endure.

Visit my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/ and in particular http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/story.html and http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/socio.html

Read my Mensa article